HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves around 60 million customers through four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking.
HSBC's international network comprises 6,600 offices in 80 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,645 billion at 30 Jun 2013, HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations.
Established in Hong Kong in March 1865 and in Shanghai one month later, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation is the founding and a principal member of the HSBC Group. It is the Group’s flagship company in the Asia-Pacific region and the largest bank incorporated in Hong Kong.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation has invested strongly in Vietnam in alignment with the Bank’s two-pronged strategy: investment in our own operations to drive organic growth; and investment in strategic partnerships.
On 29 December 2005, HSBC acquired 10 per cent share capital of Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank), one of the largest joint stock commercial banks in Vietnam by equity. In July 2007, HSBC became the first foreign bank to increase its stake in Techcombank to 15 per cent. In September 2008, HSBC completed the increase of its stake in Techcombank to 20 per cent and became the first foreign bank in Vietnam to hold a 20 per cent interest in a domestic bank.
HSBC opened its first office in Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) in 1870. In August 1995, HSBC opened a full-service branch in Ho Chi Minh City. HSBC also opened its second branch in Hanoi and established a representative office in Can Tho City in 2005.
On 1 January 2009, HSBC started operating its locally incorporated entity and became the first foreign bank to incorporate in Vietnam. The new entity, HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. is 100 per cent owned by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited. HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. is also the first wholly foreign-owned bank to operate both branches and transaction offices in Vietnam. The Bank’s network now includes one transaction center, one branch and five transactions offices in Ho Chi Minh City; one branch, three transaction offices, and one deposit office in Ha Noi, one branch in Binh Duong, one branch in Can Tho, one branch in Da Nang, one branch in Dong Nai and two representative offices in Hai Phong and Vung Tau.
HSBC is currently one of the largest foreign banks in Vietnam in terms of investment capital, network, product range, staff and customer base.
With 140 years of experience in Vietnam, HSBC provides a comprehensive range of banking services including Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking, Global Markets, Global Payments and Cash Management, Global Trade and Receivables Finance and Securities Services. HSBC’s history in Vietnam and knowledge of its culture reflects its commitment to delivering excellence in customer service, every time.
- Retail Banking and Wealth Management
HSBC provides a full range of personal financial services in Vietnam. These include current accounts, savings accounts, international ATM debit cards which can access a wide ATM network of about 130 HSBC ATMs in Vietnam and over 9,200 PLUS ATMs nationwide, term deposit accounts in Vietnam dong (VND) and foreign currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD), certificates of deposit, overdrafts, payment services, credit cards, car loans, home mortgage loans, home equity loans, personal instalment loans, and domestic and overseas investment products. HSBC also provides a wide range of insurance products, such as life insurance, personal safety insurance, home insurance, car insurance, medical care insurance and travel insurance. We offer a full Premier proposition, a unique internationally connected suite of banking products and services catering for high net worth customers and focused on wealth management where HSBC is positioned as a leading provider of wealth management. Our services are available 24/7 through our internet banking, automated telephone banking (ATB) and a customer hotline.
- Commercial Banking
HSBC has a dedicated team of experienced Relationship Managers who can handle the banking needs of both local and international corporate customers. Our products and services include account services, payments and cash management, internet banking, short term loans, international trade finance, medium and long term loans, syndicated loans and corporate bond issuance, foreign exchange and interest rate hedging products, bond facilities (tender, performance and advance payment bonds) and corporate credit cards. We also have a dedicated customer service centre to handle all telephone enquiries from our customers.
- Global Banking
Global Banking offers services to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide by fostering long-term relationships based on the Group’s unmatched global knowledge and local expertise. Global Banking includes corporate banking, investment banking, project and export finance, and payments and cash management. Clients are served by sector-based client service teams that combine Relationship Managers and product specialists to develop financial solutions to meet individual client needs. Investment banking focuses on the origination and execution of corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions assignments, divestitures, financial restructurings and associated financing solutions.
- Payment and Cash Manageme
HSBC's Global Payments and Cash Management services are designed to help our customers operate efficiently, profitably and with comprehensive support. We offer account services, transaction and balance, liquidity and delivery management services, covering all cash management and payment needs. The cash-based nature of Vietnam’s financial market requires banks to have extensive and innovative capabilities to handle cash payment and collection for corporate customers. We have established electronic links and agreements with major local banks and Vietnam Post Corporation in Vietnam to utilise their branch networks for the collection and distribution of cash funds throughout the country for our customers.
Worldwide Internet Banking with HSBCnet
HSBC Group's global internet banking system, HSBCnet provides online access to a suite of global markets, research, cash management, securities, trade and commercial banking services.
- Global Markets
HSBC is one of the biggest dealing rooms with dedicated professionals for risk management advisory, fixed income trading, foreign exchange trading and debt advisory for bonds. We are one of the largest market maker in USD/VND interbank foreign exchange market and one of the biggest fixed income trading houses in the country.
HSBC has been the pioneer of providing derivative solutions to corporate and financial institution customers. We are proud to be the first bank in Vietnam to conduct a cross currency swap involving the local currency (VND), the first ever VND derivative deal done in Vietnam, laying the foundation for further development of the local currency derivative markets. We also concluded the first ever interbank VND interest rate swap transaction and the first interbank USD/VND cross currency swap. We were also the first bank to offer credit-linked investment products linked to Vietnam sovereign risk and other sovereign risks outside Vietnam.
At present, HSBC is the major player in providing foreign exchange options, precious metal derivatives, interest rate swaps, and credit derivatives as well as structured deposits. Bond issuance and syndicated loan advisory services are also active fields in which HSBC is involved in Vietnam.
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance
As one of the largest trade and receivables financing organisations in the world, we have local trade experts available to support our customers wherever they do their business. HSBC Global Trade and Receivables Finance in Vietnam offers full suite of trade solutions ranging from traditional documentation services to highly sophisticated tailor-made solutions to enterprises of all sizes: Documentary Credits (DCs), Documentary Collections, Trade Finance, Structured Trade Finance Solutions, Supplier Finance Solutions.
Particularly our E-solutions for trade are designed to help customers manage their global trade transaction online in real time anywhere and anytime:
- HSBCnet-ITS (Internet Trade Services): the global electronic banking platform, allowing customers to initiate trade transactions (import DC application, import bill instruction and export DC transfer) and access real-time trade account information and facilities at anytime and from anywhere.
- Instant@dvice: HSBC is the only bank in Vietnam to provide customers with this uniquely convenient means to receive a copy of import and export transactions by email immediately after approval.
- Document Tracker: HSBC is the only bank in Vietnam to offer this service which enables customers to quickly track and trace trade documents internationally (sent via DHL) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free of charge.
- HSBC e-PO Trader: Provides a web-based platform to manage electronic documents and compliance checking for transactions around open account trade. The e-PO Trader system enables buyers to automate their payment decision process and provides suppliers with the ability to create and submit electronic documents with visible payment status.
- Securities Services
HSBC was the first foreign bank licensed to provide custody services in Vietnam in 2000 and is currently the leading custodian bank for foreign institutional investors and domestic institutional investors in Vietnam in terms of assets under custody, transaction volumes and number of staff. Our custody business provides sub-custody and securities clearing services to global custodians, broker dealers, investment banks, investment funds, insurance companies and other foreign institutional investors. These services include safe custody (equities and fixed income instruments), settlement (receipt and delivery), corporate action processing, income collection, portfolio and cash reporting, proxy voting, foreign exchange services and other value-added services.
In 2006, HSBC launched fund administration services in Vietnam for local funds and has a leading market share in this segment, servicing both member and public funds. Our fund administration services include fund valuation and accounting, compliance monitoring, and transfer agency services.
In 2011, HSBC launched its Corporate Trust and Loan Agency business in Vietnam with the introduction of Escrow services, as a precursor to the progressive launch of other services in its global portfolio.
- Corporate Insurance
HSBC offers its corporate clients the benefit of a “one-stop service” centre where customers can now avail of both banking and insurance services at one contact point – HSBC. We have a dedicated team of experienced Insurance Specialists and Relationship Managers who combine global experience with local knowledge to assist customers in choosing the most appropriate insurance plans.
By working with our strategic insurance partner, Bao Viet Holdings, and through many years of experience in offering insurance products worldwide, we can offer both tailored and a comprehensive range of general insurance products covering corporate assets, business operations, and loan protection We also offer employee care insurance programmes to help our corporate customers attract, retain, motivate and reward their people. We commit to providing insurance services and products that fully support the increasing needs of our corporate customers in today’s dynamic commercial world.
- Best for Overall Market Share in Vietnam 2010 – 2013 in the Euromoney Foreign Exchange Survey (four consecutive years)
- Best Foreign Bank in Vietnam 2012 by FinanceAsia (seven consecutive years)
- Best Sub-custodian Bank in Vietnam 2006, 2009, 2012 by the Asset Triple A
- Best Domestic Custodian Bank in Vietnam 2012 by the Asset Triple A
- Best Domestic Cash Management Bank 2010 – 2012 by Euromoney Poll
- Best Bank in Vietnam 2008 – 2011 by the Asset Triple A (four consecutive years)
- Best Corporate Internet Bank in Vietnam 2011 by the Global Finance
- Best Consumer Internet Bank in Vietnam 2009, 2010 by Global Finance
- Best Sub-Custodian Bank in Vietnam 2008 – 2012 by Global Finance (five consecutive years)
- Best Overall Private Bank in Vietnam 2011 by Euromoney
- Best Foreign Cash Management Bank in Vietnam 2011 by The Asset Triple A
- Best Foreign Transaction Bank in Vietnam 2011 by The Asset Triple A
- Best Trade Finance Bank in Vietnam 2008, 2009, 2011 by the Asset Triple A
- Top Rated #1 in Leading Clients category in Global Custodian magazine’s Annual Survey of Agent Banks in Emerging Markets, 2011
- Certificate of Merit for Contribution to Development of Securities Market in the period of 2006-10 by Ministry of Finance
- Best for Overall Forex Services in Vietnam 2006, 2007, 2009 by Asiamoney FX Poll
- Best for Innovative FX Products and Structured Ideas 2009 by Asiamoney FX Poll
- Top Trade Services Awards 2007, by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam
- Certificate of Merit for 15 years of Excellence in Banking by the State Bank of Vietnam
- Certificate of Merit for Having Excellent Performance and Contribution to Banking in 2009-2010 from the Governor of the State Bank
- Golden Dragon Awards 2010 – 2011 by the Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment
- HSBC Service Provider in ATM and Savings category in High Quality Vietnam Product Awards 2011 by the Sai Gon Tiep Thi Magazine (2009 & 2011)
- The Best Environmental Excellence Award, AusCham for three consecutive years: 2008-2010
- Saigon Times Top 40 Awards for five consecutive years since 2005 by Saigon Times and Departments of Planning and Investments of Hochiminh City, Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Ba Ria - Vung Tau
The Metropolitan 235 Dong Khoi St. District 1, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam Tel  (8) 3829 2288 Fax  (8) 3823 0530
Pacific Place Building 83B Ly Thuong Kiet Hoan Kiem, Hanoi Vietnam Tel  (4) 3933 3189 Fax  (4) 3933 3198
Binh Duong Branch
Floor. 3, Minh Sang Plaza, Thuan An District, Binh Duong Province Vietnam Tel  (0650) 3783 338 Fax  (0650) 3715706
Can Tho Branch
STS Building, G.F, 11 Hoa Binh, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City Tel:  (8) 3829 2288 Fax:  (710) 373 5757
Da Nang Branch
Indochina Riverside Towers, 74 Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District, Danang City Tel :  (4) 39 333 189 Fax :  0511 3815481
Dong Nai Branch
Dong Nai Hotel, 57 Pham Van Thuan Street, Tan Tien Ward, Bien Hoa City, Dong Nai Province Tel:  (8) 38292288 Fax:  061 6250568
Hai Phong Representative office
Habour View, Level 3, Room C, 4 Tran Phu, Ngo Quyen, Hai Phong City
Vung Tau Representative Office
PetroVietnam Tower, Suite 230, Floor 2, 8 Hoang Dieu Street, Ward 1, Vung Tau City
235 Dong Khoi St.
Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City