HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves around 60 million customers through four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking.
HSBC's international network comprises 6,600 offices in 81 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,692 billion at 31 December 2012, HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations.
Established in Hong Kong in March 1865 and in Shanghai one month later, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation is the founding and a principal member of the HSBC Group. It is the Group's flagship company in the Asia-Pacific region and the largest bank incorporated in Hong Kong.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation has invested strongly in Vietnam in alignment with the Bank's two-pronged strategy: investment in our own operations to drive organic growth; and investment in strategic partnerships.
On 29 December 2005, HSBC acquired 10 per cent share capital of Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank), one of the largest joint stock commercial banks in Vietnam by equity. In July 2007, HSBC became the first foreign bank to increase its stake in Techcombank to 15 per cent. In September 2008, HSBC completed the increase of its stake in Techcombank to 20 per cent and became the first foreign bank in Vietnam to hold a 20 per cent interest in a domestic bank.
HSBC opened its first office in Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) in 1870. In August 1995, HSBC opened a full-service branch in Ho Chi Minh City. HSBC also opened its second branch in Hanoi and established a representative office in Can Tho City in 2005.
On 1 January 2009, HSBC started operating its locally incorporated entity and became the first foreign bank to incorporate in Vietnam. The new entity, HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. is 100 per cent owned by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited. HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. is also the first wholly foreign-owned bank to operate both branches and transaction offices in Vietnam. The Bank's network now includes one transaction center, one branch and five transactions offices in Ho Chi Minh City; one branch, three transaction offices, and one deposit office in Ha Noi, one branch in Binh Duong, one branch in Can Tho, one branch in Da Nang, one branch in Dong Nai and two representative offices in Hai Phong and Vung Tau.
HSBC is currently one of the largest foreign banks in Vietnam in terms of investment capital, network, product range, staff and customer base.
With 140 years of experience in Vietnam, HSBC provides a comprehensive range of banking services including Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking, Global Markets, Global Payments and Cash Management, Global Trade and Receivables Finance and Securities Services. HSBC's history in Vietnam and knowledge of its culture reflects its commitment to delivering excellence in customer service, every time.
- Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Commercial Banking
- Global Banking
- Payment and Cash Manageme
- Global Markets
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Securities Services
- Corporate Insurance
- Best Foreign Bank in Vietnam 2012 by FinanceAsia (seven consecutive years)
- Best Sub-custodian Bank in Vietnam 2006, 2009, 2012 by the Asset Triple A
- Best for Overall Market Share in Vietnam 2010 - 2012 by Euromoney FX Survey (three consecutive years)
- Best Domestic Custodian Bank in Vietnam 2012 by the Asset Triple A
- Best Domestic Cash Management Bank 2010 - 2012 by Euromoney Poll
- Best Bank in Vietnam 2008 - 2011 by the Asset Triple A (four consecutive years)
- Best Corporate Internet Bank in Vietnam 2011 by the Global Finance
- Best Consumer Internet Bank in Vietnam 2009, 2010 by Global Finance
- Best Sub-Custodian Bank in Vietnam 2008 - 2012 by Global Finance (five consecutive years)
- Best Overall Private Bank in Vietnam 2011 by Euromoney
- Best Foreign Cash Management Bank in Vietnam 2011 by The Asset Triple A
- Best Foreign Transaction Bank in Vietnam 2011 by The Asset Triple A
- Best Trade Finance Bank in Vietnam 2008, 2009, 2011 by the Asset Triple A
- Top Rated #1 in Leading Clients category in Global Custodian magazine's Annual Survey of Agent Banks in Emerging Markets, 2011
- Certificate of Merit for Contribution to Development of Securities Market in the period of 2006-10 by Ministry of Finance
- Best for Overall Forex Services in Vietnam 2006, 2007, 2009 by Asiamoney FX Poll
- Best for Innovative FX Products and Structured Ideas 2009 by Asiamoney FX Poll
- Top Trade Services Awards 2007, by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam
- Certificate of Merit for 15 years of Excellence in Banking by the State Bank of Vietnam
- Certificate of Merit for Having Excellent Performance and Contribution to Banking in 2009-2010 from the Governor of the State Bank
- Golden Dragon Awards 2010 - 2011 by the Vietnam Economic Times and Ministry of Planning and Investment
- HSBC Service Provider in ATM and Savings category in High Quality Vietnam Product Awards 2011 by the Sai Gon Tiep Thi Magazine(2009 & 2011)
- The Best Environmental Excellence Award, AusCham for three consecutive years: 2008-2010
- Saigon Times Top 40 Awards for five consecutive years since 2005 by Saigon Times and Departments of Planning and Investments of Hochiminh City, Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Ba Ria - Vung Tau
Corporate sustainability is central to HSBC’s business strategy, with leadership from the top and involvement at all levels of the bank. At HSBC, Corporate Sustainability means managing our business responsibly and sensitively with the utmost respect for people, communities and the environment to achieve long-term success. HSBC cares. - Activities
Business Registration Certificate No.: 4104006215 issued by Ho Chi Minh City Department of Planning & Investment - Business Registration Division dated 23 September 2008.
Webmaster contact information:
If you have any questions or comments about our website please send email to the e-Channel team.
235 Dong Khoi St.
Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City