New 3D Secure feature
This is a security authentication using One-Time-Password via SMS (SMS OTP) to ensure online transactions with HSBC Cards are fast, secure and efficient.
- Enhanced security for online purchase with 3D secure
- Feature available on all HSBC Credit and Debit Cards, no registration or activation required
Ready to use 3D Secure?
How to use 3D Secure
To perform 3D Secure transactions:
1. Make transaction
Perform online transaction at 3D Secure merchant and enter HSBC Credit/Debit Card details (Card number, Expiry date, CVV2).
2. Receive OTP
OTP is sent via SMS to your registered phone number.
3. Enter OTP
Please enter OTP and ensure transaction reference on OTP screen is matched with SMS (Do not share OTP to anyone else).
The transaction is completed once OTP & Card information are input correctly.
Keep your contact information updated
OTP will be sent separately for Primary Credit Cardholders, Supplementary Cardholders and Debit Cardholders.
Please ensure that your latest mobile number is updated with HSBC to receive OTP for online purchase. In case not, you may update your contact details by:
Option 1: Submiting via Online Banking through “Secured Mailbox”, then selecting "Send us a message" & request "Change customer personal information"
Option 2: Contacting our Contact Center at:
- Personal Banking customers: (84 28) 37 247 247 (the South) or (84 24) 62 707 707 (the North) Operating 24/7 for lost or stolen card or token, dispute transactions or card related complaints, and from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm daily for other matters.
- Platinum Credit Card holder (24/7): (84 28) 37 247 248
- Premier customers (24/7): (84 28) 37 247 666
Option 3: Visit the nearest HSBC Branches/Transaction Offices and submit request.