HSBC Current Account
The fastest way to satisfy your financial needs, offering all the features of an everyday bank account including branch banking, interest on your savings, plus an overdraft facility.
Benefits and services
- Demand deposit interest rate
- Overdraft facility for VND deposit
- Free global debit card for VND primary account
- Phone banking, online banking services and SMS Alert service for transactions made via debit cardCash transactions at HSBC counters and ATM network.
- Always-available Customer Services Hotline
- Wide range of currencies: VND, USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, JPY, SGD and HKDPlus domestic and overseas transfers.
- Great discounts and exclusive offers from HSBC Privilege Club for debit cardPlus exclusive offers for online purchases or purchases at electronic point of sale by debit card.
- Eligible to become HSBC Premier customer if Total Relationship Balance is VND 1 billion (or USD 50,000 equivalent) or above
How to apply for an HSBC Current Account
- Individual aged 18 or above
- Minimum credit balance within 12 months of opening: VND 300,000
- Minimum monthly average balance: VND 3,000,000
Documents required for application
- Personal account opening form (download below)
- Duplicate copy of original ID card (for local Vietnamese) or passport (for foreigners)
- Duplicate copy of valid entrance visa to Vietnam (for foreigners)
- Duplicate copy of labour contract (for foreigners, if any)
- Proof of address documents
Things you should know
- Account is automatically closed after 6 consecutive months with zero balance
- Dormant status after 24 months with no debit transaction
- Unclaimed status after 36 months with no debit transaction
If you wish to continue to use the service please re-activate at the branch.
Please download the Personal Banking Tariff for more details.