HSBC Medical Care Insurance
At HSBC, we can give you and your loved ones 5 affordable Medical Care Insurance plans with outstanding benefits tailored to meet your health care needs. It has a wide range of unique features varying from built-in free coverage for cancer plus 5 additional covers for your protection.
Why choose exclusive HSBC Medical Care Insurance?
- Exclusively distributed via HSBC online channel
- High and comprehensive coverage up to VND 3 billion
- No medical check-up is required
- Choice of any licensed hospital and medical organization
- Direct billing service at hospitals or clinics authorized by Baoviet
- Extended coverage to Asian territories and Worldwide with only 25% and 50% top-up respectively on total annual premium fee
- Discount offer for family application & no-claim bonus
- E-policy sent directly to your email
- Hassle-free online claim submission and insurance policy management on mobile app provided by Baoviet.
Protection plan Classic - Vietnam
Protection plan Preferred - Vietnam
Protection plan Executive - Vietnam
Protection plan Deluxe - Vietnam, Asia (1) & Worldwide (2)
Protection plan Privileged - Vietnam, Asia (1) & Worldwide (2)
(1) Asia: All countries in Asia excluding Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Nork Korea, Lebanon
(2) Worldwide: All countries excluding Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Belarus, Nicaragua, North Korea, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Somalia, Sudan , South Sudan, Venezuela, Crimea and Zimbabwe
Eligibility and apply now
- Policy Insureds are Vietnamese citizens or foreigners; aged 1 to 64 years old (65 for renewal of existing policy) who legally reside in Vietnam
- Policy holders must be at least 18 years old
- Anyone who physically locates in the United States of America either on a temporary or permanent basis or anyone who maintains any address, including, but not limited to any correspondence, residential or permanent address in Japan is not eligible to apply for Medical Care Insurance.
There are exclusions on treatment and consequential expenses resulting from:
- Special diseases and pre- existing diseases within the first year of cover;
- Sexually transmitted disease (including but not limited to gonorrheal, syphilis, genital herpes), malaria fever, tuberculosis and occupational disease;
- Treatment of and/or surgery for birth defects, congenital anomalies, genetic deformities or diseases, hereditary medical conditions with symptoms present at birth, surgery which had been indicated before the inception date of the policy;
- Treatment for mental/ psychiatric illness, mental/ psychological disorders, sleeping disorders, insomnia (sleeplessness), fatigue, stress or other stress-related illnesses;
and other detailed exclusions as specified in the Policy Wordings.
Things you should know
- Medical Care Insurance is a one-year term policy and will not be automatically renewed.
- Prior to your policy's expiry date, reminder will be sent to you for renewal decision. Your email address is required to go through the online renewal process.
- Premium payment should be made in full before expiry date to ensure the continuity of your insurance benefits.
Make a claim
Please have all information regarding the circumstances and details of your claim in hand, then notify Bao Viet in one of the following ways/addresses, whichever is most convenient for you:
- Contact Bao Viet Insurance Via Phone :
Simply call Bao Viet's hotline: 1900558899, Ext. 3.
- Contact Bao Viet Insurance Online via BAOVIET Direct:
Upload your claim documents on "BaoViet Direct" App. Bao Viet will help you check your claim documents in advance.
Note: BaoViet Direct is a mobile app which provides hassle-free online claim submission and policy management. For direct billing, a virtual direct billing card will be provided within the BaoViet Direct app to replace the traditional physical card. Please click here for more details of BaoViet Direct app.
About BaoViet Direct App ("BVDR")
- Baoviet ID feature: Replace the traditional physical direct billing card when going to hospitals, clinics in the list of Bao Viet Insurance's Direct Billing Network. You just need to bring your phone; insurance services will be done easily-quickly-conveniently.
- Keep track of health insurance benefits and the balance limit of the policy.
- Search and view the list of Bao Viet Insurance's Direct Billing Network.
- Create an online claim document and keep up with a claim process.
- Allow synchronous insurance policies of relatives to track and lookup for the whole family on the same application.
How to install BVDR app on Mobile phone:
Customers can download and install app on CH-Play (Android) and App stores (IOS). This app is suitable with devices using Android operating system from 4.4 or IOS from 11 and above.
||07 Ly Thuong Kiet, Phan Chu Trinh Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi|
||4th Floor, No. 97 Tran Phu, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
||6th floor, EVNNPT Building 610 Vo Van Kiet, Cau Kho Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
||07 Ly Thuong Kiet, Phan Chu Trinh Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi|
4th Floor, No. 97 Tran Phu, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
6th floor, EVNNPT Building 610 Vo Van Kiet, Cau Kho Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline 24/7: 1900 55 88 99/ Line 3
Frequently Asked Questions
Is waiting period applicable for Medical Care Insurance?
Will my claim history affect the renewability of my Medical Care insurance policy and the renewal premium?
Is there a hotline for claim inquiry?
Medical Care Insurance is underwritten by Bao Viet Insurance Corporation, 07 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam. It is not an obligation of or guaranteed by HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. The information of this product may be amended by Bao Viet Insurance Corporation from time to time and HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. shall not be responsible for such amendment.
This webpage contains only general information. The specific terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to this insurance are described in the Policy which will only be issued upon acceptance of the Proposal Form. A person interested in this product should consider whether the product is suitable before making a commitment to purchase the product.
BaoViet General Insurance authorised agents or distributors, including HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. (together "the Agents") are neither the underwriter nor broker for the customers. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, the Agents make no warranties or representation as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise of the content of this webpage. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, the Agents or any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the webpage shall not be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the liability to use, the information in this webpage, even if the Agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Agents are not suppliers of the products and shall not accept liability in relation thereto.
Issued by HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd.