HSBC Car insurance
Car Insurance is an auto insurance plan that offers you the best service, together with many attractive benefits and competitive premium rates.
- Coverage for physical damage to the insured car1
- Third party liability insuranceCoverage for damages, losses or injuries inflicted upon another person and/or property by automobile2.
- Insurance for driver and passengersCompensation for losses or injuries inflicted upon driver and passengers when automobile is in transportation.
- Immediate guidance on accident management and claim lodgment is offered via Bao Viet Insurance’s hotline (24/24) nationwide
- Free rescue service is delivered within a radius of 70km from Bao Viet Insurance’s rescue center in big provinces
- Fast and convenient claim service
- For 1 year protection:
Option 1: Basic premium rate
Option 2: Option 1 + Non-depreciation for spare parts
Option 3: Option 1 + Repair at optional garage
Option 4: Option 1 + Flooded automobile
Option 5: Option 1 + Non-depreciation for spare parts + Repair at optional garage
Option 6: Option 1 + Repair at optional garage + Flooded automobile
Option 7: Option 1 + Non-depreciation for spare parts + Flooded automobile
Option 8: Option 1 + Non-depreciation for spare parts + Repair at optional garage + Flooded automobile
Cars up to 9 seaters (non-transporting cars)
Cars belong to Enterprise, Organization
Private cars: Sum Insured below 500 mil VND
Private cars: Sum Insured from 500 mil to 600 mil VND
Private cars: Sum Insured above 600 mil to 1,500 mil VND
Private cars: Sum Insured above 1,500 mil VND
Cars above 9 seaters (non-transporting cars)
Enterprise, Organization and Private Cars above 9 seaters (non-transporting cars)
- From 24 months to under 36 months
Premium rate = Premium rate of 1 year protection x 2 x 95%
- From above 36 months
Premium rate = Premium rate of 1 year protection x 3 x 90%
Note: The minimum premium (excluding Value Added Tax - VAT) for physical damage insurance for non-transporting cars up to 9 seats must be not less than VND 5,000,000 /vehicle/year.
Revision of renewal premium
|Claim Rate||Discounted Rate of Premium|
|No claim in the previous year||10%|
|0% < Claim rate <=50%
|Claim Rate||No claim in the previous year|
|Discounted Rate of Premium||10%|
0% < Claim rate <=50%
|Discounted Rate of Premium||5%|
Premium discounted policy
Premium increased policy
Note: A car insurance policy is eligible for renewal if it has an insurance term of 12 months or more before renewal and does not change the beneficial car owner during such period. Short-term policy of less than 12 months or with change of the beneficial car owner shall be considered as a new policy upon renewal.
Things you need to know
Frequently asked questions
What is Car Insurance type?
Do I need to bear any deductibles?
Can I have an insurance premium discount if I had no claim in the previous years?
Is there a hotline for claim inquiry?
- Unexpected accident, collision, overturn;
- Fire, burning, explosion;
- Natural catastrophe such as flood, landslide, thunderbolt, earthquake, hail, tsunami;
- Whole car value compensation: In case that actual total loss or damage equals to or above 75% of the sum insured or to the extent that no repairment can make the car safe in transportation or the repairing cost equals to or exceeds the car’s actual value, Bao Viet Insurance will indemnify the Insured with cash value equivalent to its value right at the time of accident/ loss.
- Three additional coverage: Non-depreciation for spare parts insurance; Flooded automobile insurance (water damage insurance), Repair at optional garage insurance.
2This is mandatory insurance to car owner according to regulations stipulated by Ministry of Finance.
3Premium shall be calculated based on sum insured4 ,years of car usage and types of automobile. The above rates are 10% VAT inclusive and applicable for non-commercial cars.
Car Insurance is underwritten by Bao Viet Insurance Corporation, 07 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam. It is not an obligation of or guaranteed by HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. The information of this product may be amended by Bao Viet Insurance Corporation from time to time and HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. shall not be responsible for such amendment.
This webpage contains only general information. The specific terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to this insurance are described in the Policy which will only be issued upon acceptance of the Proposal Form. A person interested in this product should consider whether the product is suitable before making a commitment to purchase the product.
Bao Viet Insurance Corporation authorised agents or distributors, including HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. (together "the Agents") are neither the underwriter nor broker for the customers. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, the Agents make no warranties or representation as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise of the content of this webpage. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, the Agents or any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the webpage shall not be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the liability to use, the information in this webpage, even if the Agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Agents are not suppliers of the products and shall not accept liability in relation thereto.
Issued by HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd.