HSBC Home Insurance
Home Insurance can satisfy your individual home insurance needs with a range of comprehensive covers. Home Insurance offers benefits in two optional sections (Home Building and Home Content) integrated in one policy, which allows you complete flexibility in choosing the best way to protect your beloved home.
Why choose exclusive Home Insurance?
Exclusively distributed via HSBC online channel
Be rest assured that your house will be protected both inside and out against common risks, including:
- Fire, lightning
- Falling aircraft or other aerial device or any article dropped therefrom
- Bursting or overflowing domestic water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Theft accompanied by actual forcible and violent breaking into or out of a building or any attempt to do so
- Impact with the buildings by any road-vehicle, horse or cattle not belonging to nor under the control of the insured
- Earthquake or volcanic eruption
- Hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, windstorm, or hail
- Flood (including overflow of sea water)
- Landslip and subsidence
The policy also extends to cover any of the following costs under the Home Building section
- Architects', surveyors' and consultant engineers' costs
- Removal of debris costs
- Fire brigade charges and extinguishing costs
- Alternative accommodation
Home Building Premium
|Period of cover||Rate upon years of usage (on the Sum Insured)|
|Period of cover||1-year|
|Rate upon years of usage (on the Sum Insured)||0,08%|
|Period of cover||3-year|
|Rate upon years of usage (on the Sum Insured)||0,17%|
Home Content Premium
|Maximum limit of liability per claim
|Premium of 1-year policy
|Premium of 3-year policy
Maximum limit of liability per claim
Premium of 1-year policy
Premium of 3-year policy
Notice to HSBC’s Existing Home Mortgage Loan customers
Existing Home Mortgage Loan customers are requested to buy Home Insurance as a security for the Home Mortgage Loan at HSBC and to assign the insurance benefits to HSBC. The minimum “Sum Insured” requirement is requested as below.
- Mortgaged asset being Apartment: the minimum Sum Insured must be 120% of loan amount. E.g if loan amount is VND1billion, the minimum Sum Insured must be VND1.2billion.
- Mortgaged asset being Land use rights and ownership of houses associated with land use rights:
- If the value of mortgaged land in the Asset Valuation Report is lower than 150% of the aggregated loan amount, the minimum Sum Insured must be the construction value of the house associated with mortgaged land as stated in the Asset Valuation Report.
- If the value of mortgaged land is equal to or higher than 150% of the aggregated loan amount, the purchase of insurance is waived.
Things you should know
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Home Insurance type?
What isn't covered under this policy? Are there any excesses or deductibles for claims?
Is there a hotline for claim inquiry?
Home Insurance is underwritten by Bao Viet Insurance Corporation, 07 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hanoi, Vietnam. It is not an obligation of or guaranteed by HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. The information of this product may be amended by Bao Viet Insurance Corporation from time to time and HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. shall not be responsible for such amendment.
This webpage contains only general information. The specific terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to this insurance are described in the Policy which will only be issued upon acceptance of the Proposal Form. A person interested in this product should consider whether the product is suitable before making a commitment to purchase the product.
BaoViet General Insurance authorised agents or distributors, including HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd. (together "the Agents") are neither the underwriter nor broker for the customers. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, the Agents make no warranties or representation as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise of the content of this webpage. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, the Agents or any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the webpage shall not be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the liability to use, the information in this webpage, even if the Agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Agents are not suppliers of the products and shall not accept liability in relation thereto.
Issued by HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd.