HSBC Savings Account
A convenient way to make transactions and enjoy benefits, offering all the features of an everyday bank account including branch banking plus interest on your savings.
Benefits and services
Demand deposit interest rate
Free global debit card for VND primary account
Mobile banking, Internet banking services and SMS Alert service for transactions made via debit card and linked transactional accounts
Cash transactions at HSBC counters and ATM network.
Available Customer Services Hotline
Wide range of currencies: VND, USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, JPY, SGD and HKD
Plus convenient domestic and overseas transfers.
Great discounts and exclusive offers from HSBC Privilege Club and home&Away offers for debit card
Plus exclusive offers for online purchases or purchases at electronic point of sale by debit card.
Eligible to become HSBC Premier customer if Total Relationship Balance is VND 1 billion (or USD 50,000 equivalent) or above
How to apply for an HSBC Savings Account
- Individual aged 18 or above
- Minimum credit balance within 12 months of opening: VND 300,000
- Minimum monthly average balance: VND 3,000,000
Documents required for application
- Personal account opening form (download below)
- Duplicate copy of original ID card (for local Vietnamese) or passport (for foreigners)
- Duplicate copy of valid entrance visa to Vietnam (for foreigners)
- Duplicate copy of labour contract (for foreigners, if any)
For more guidance on specific documents, please contact us for advice
Things you should know
- Account is automatically closed after 6 consecutive months with zero balance
- Dormant status after 24 subsequent months with no debit transaction
- Unclaimed status after 36 subsequent months with no debit transaction
If you wish to continue to use the service please re-activate at the branch.
Please download the Personal Banking Tariff for more details.
Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a Vietnamese citizen. Can I make overseas transfer?
I am a foreigner citizen. Why do I have to open a VND account to obtain a Debit Card?
I am a foreigner. Can I transfer between my two foreign currencies linked accounts?
Need more advice?
Contact HSBC online
Use our online form and we shall contact you soon.