HSBC Savings Account
A convenient way to make transactions and enjoy benefits, offering all the features of an everyday bank account including branch banking plus interest on your savings.
Benefits and services
- Demand deposit interest rate
- Free global debit card for VND primary account
- Phone banking, online banking services and SMS Alert service for transactions made via debit cardCash transactions at HSBC counters and ATM network.
- Always-available Customer Services Hotline
- Wide range of currencies: VND, USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, CAD, JPY, SGD and HKDPlus domestic and overseas transfers.
- Great discounts and exclusive offers from HSBC Privilege Club for debit cardPlus exclusive offers for online purchases or purchases at electronic point of sale by debit card.
- Eligible to become HSBC Premier customer if Total Relationship Balance is VND 1 billion (or USD 50,000 equivalent) or above
How to apply for an HSBC Savings Account
- Individual aged 18 or above
- Minimum credit balance within 12 months of opening: VND 300,000
- Minimum monthly average balance: VND 3,000,000
Documents required for application
- Personal account opening form (download below)
- Duplicate copy of original ID card (for local Vietnamese) or passport (for foreigners)
- Duplicate copy of valid entrance visa to Vietnam (for foreigners)
- Duplicate copy of labour contract (for foreigners, if any)
- Proof of address documents
Things you should know
- Account is automatically closed after 6 consecutive months with zero balance
- Dormant status after 24 months with no debit transaction
- Unclaimed status after 36 months with no debit transaction
If you wish to continue to use the service please re-activate at the branch.
Please download the Personal Banking Tariff for more details.