Worldwide Premier status
As a Premier customer, your status is recognised worldwide, giving you Premier banking services in all markets where you bank with HSBC — Global view of accounts and fee-free funds transfer between you and other 3rd party accounts via HSBC Global Transfer
How to access Global View and Global Transfer
Enjoy use of HSBC Premier Centres exclusively for HSBC Premier customers
Emergency card replacement at selected branches and emergency encashment services at any HSBC branch worldwide
Personal Internet banking, giving you access to all your HSBC accounts globally through Global View. HSBC Global View is a unique service allowing a single view of all your eligible worldwide HSBC accounts from home or outside Vietnam
Your guide to Expat Life via https://www.expatexplorer.hsbc.com to prepare for your reallocation in another country/ region
Overseas account opening
Our HSBC International Banking Centre (IBC) is your one-stop connection to HSBC Group offices around the world, providing a range of services, including pre-opening overseas accounts and arranging overseas banking facilities
- Pre-open your overseas accounts even before you arrive with the help of a dedicated international expert assigned to understand your needs and manage the entire process
- Arrange international banking facilities and transfer your credit history to your new country/ region
before leaving Vietnam
- Arrange to set up overseas current, savings and time deposit accounts, student account services, personal credit facilities and other overseas banking needs
How International Banking Centre works ("IBC")
Capital Account For Outward Investment (CAOI)
Simple overseas account opening process
Money transfers globally at no charge with HSBC Global Transfers
Financial and investment planning supported by dedicated Relationship Manager and prestigious partners globally
Preferential FX rates
How CAOI works
Connections to International Mortgage Desk
Our advice on Overseas Property Financing Process.
Basic process to purchase a property abroad
Step 1: Find the right home away from home
By asking the right questions and getting the answers you need on your home-buying journey:
For your property agent:
For your conveyancer or solicitor:
Step 2: Determine your budget
Up to 70% of the value of the property can be borrowed and you will need some deposit amount of the purchase price.
Don't forget other costs associated with buying:
- Loan set up costs
- Valuation fees
- Conveyancing/legal fees
- Stamp Duty
- Loan set up costs
Step 3: Get the right financing solution
Simply speak to our Relationship Manager who will advise you on the application process and recommend financing solution based on your needs.
Step 4: Property inspections and legal advice
Up to 70% of the value of the property can be borrowed and you will need a deposit of at least 10% of the purchase price.
Step 5: Loan acceptance
Once you have submitted all required documents and passed credit assessment, a mortgage offer letter will be issued to you. Our mortgage specialist at HSBC in other countries/regions will arrange an appointment with you to explain the terms and conditions before you accept the offer. Prior to settlement, please ensure that you purchase your home (building) insurance for your new property effective from the date of settlement.
Step 6: Settlement
The date of settlement is the date you take legal ownership of the property.
The balance of the purchase prices has to be paid that day.
Banking services designed to support your international needs
- Our International Mortgage Desk from International Banking Centre (IBC) at key corridors: USA, Australia,
Others: Contact your Relationship Manager
- Property Insights, produced exclusively for Premier clients, provides you all you need to know for investing in overseas destinations. In addition, a global research report "Global Real Estate" commissioned by HSBC will help you understand property trends around the world
- We also partner with independent property consultants to provide information on the overseas property market
Who can apply?
To apply for HSBC Premier, check if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Maintain a minimum average monthly Total Relationship Balance (TRB) of VND 1 billion or foreign currency equivalent; or
- Receive a monthly salary of at least VND 100 million into your HSBC accounts; or
- Have a mortgage loan with a minimum outstanding balance of VND 2.5 billion and loan amount less than 60% of the value of the mortgaged property and monthly salary credits to HSBC accounts
If you're an HSBC Premier customer in another country/ region, you're already eligible to join Premier in Vietnam - Simply speak to our Premier team for further help
Simply leave your details and our Premier team will get in touch with you within 2 working days.
Apply now by phone
If you want to join HSBC Premier, or if you're looking to add a family member, call us for further advice on:
+84 28 37 247 666 (operating 24/7)
Apply at the branch
Find your nearest branch and apply for HSBC Premier in person.